*peeks out from behind her hands*
Hey friends. *sighs*
I’ve been waiting for this day to come ever since I started a blog. The day I realize I haven’t posted since May. I had so many sparkling plans for this blog over the summer and here we are midsummer and the blog’s been silent.
I can’t take back time and change that, but I can offer chocolate chip muffins to whoever is brave enough to visit this quiet place today. *throws muffins everywhere*
So where did I go and what have I been doing? Lots of places and things. 🙂
- Such as finishing a novel and rewriting it and rewriting it and rewriting it…
- Reading some of the best books ever!! (The Story Peddler, The Traitor’s Game ❤ )
- Playing Pomp and Circumstance for my sister’s graduation! *throws confetti*
- Meeting up with this kinda cool team of writers who just happen to run a pretty great writer’s site. (not biased or anything :D)
- Attending writers conferences!
- Directing a drama
- Planning for a writers camp in August!
Anyone else have a summer schedule like this? So many good things happening!
So amongst all these happenings and the usual summery activities (grill outs, volleyball, swimming, reading in the sunshine, running barefoot in the grass, weeding the garden, eating loads of ice cream 🙂 ) I’ve been reminded of the importance of guarding that quiet time with the Lord. My Bible and a cup of cherry lemonade on the deck is the ideal place. 😉
Summer is always filled to the brim with planned weeks out of town, spontaneous swimming trips, coffee shops dates with friends that it’s easy to blow past that quiet time and on to the next activity. Does anyone else feel like they just don’t function right without that time spent in the Word each day or is it just me?
Well… now at least you know I haven’t fallen off the face of the planet. And I’ll be back with some more blog related things I’ve been working on. 🙂
So, what’ve you been doing over this glorious summer?